6.28.2013

What to Wear: Rompers

As lazy days of summers go, I was scavenging through my old clothes when I discovered an unexpected item that my eyes had not laid on in what seemed like years. It was the romper I had bought in seventh grade because I thought I was a fashionista... But never worn because I didn't actually know how to wear it. Thus, it lay untouched on the bottom of my storage box until today. 

Now, three years later, I am confident in handling this styling task!


This first look is more of a casual, daytime outfit. Since it's strapless, I made the Forever 21 romper more wearable for anywhere by layering on a Forever 21 denim vest. I love this vest because it's simple, stylish, and matches almost everything! To slim down the waistline, I put on a Forever 21 belt as well. To top it off, I wore a Wet Seal necklace and Toms for more quirkiness to the look.




For a more business-y look with the romper, this second outfit is great to wear. The H&M blazer is perfect because it streamlines the originally casual romper, making it much more structured. The only other accessory is a Aldo necklace, a nice addition that flatters this look's fit. Finally, I slipped on a pair of ASOS heels, pulled my hair back into a sleek pony, and wore a plum lipstick to complete the look.

Good luck styling! You never know, maybe that "no" piece from last summer will score you some boldness points this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment